Saturday, December 11, 2010

True Story...


So...I’m expecting, in case you missed it in my profile info!!! This is my first child, and I will be a single mother but LIFE HAPPENS and I’m making LEMONADE!!!
I am currently about 16 weeks along…….so this journey should be interesting to say the least! So far I haven’t had any real morning sickness (fingers crossed). I first realized something was wrong I was riding the 8am train to work (crowded as always) and I almost fainted. I started to sweat and my body just felt so weak. After this happening two days in a row I realized I wasn’t eating breakfast before getting on the train and since then as soon as I wake up I have to eat something. I also started to feel VERY VERY tired, one Saturday I even slept until 5pm!! I will post a pic of my belly even though it only looks like I ate too much at dinner lol….I don’t own a scale but at my first doctor's appt (@11weeks) I weighed in at 151 lbs! My next trip to the doctor is Wednesday so I will be posting ultrasound pics and more! Hopefully I can find out the sex!!! I hope it's a girl :)

Tummy Pic at 10 weeks taken from my BlackBerry :/ (no digital camera until Christmas)


 And here is a pic of my belly (Blackberry again) at 16 weeks:
As my belly grows I can tell you that sleeping on my right side is not happening these days! I am no longer feeling queasy in the mornings and I have noticed my prenatal vitamins making my nails grow faster. I thought this would be fun but I have to keep cutting them because I scratch in my sleep and wake up with scars!

So anyway…..on to my hair routine….I’m going to post link the videos that have how-to demos so that you can see exactly where I learned my techniques. Using this regimen I have achieved chin length hair in a little over one year since my Bold Cut (BC-cutting all of my relaxed end off). My hair was about 2-3 inches this time last year and now its past chin length when stretched. I admit my routine wasnt the same for the entire year there are a few recent changes but I feel that I have reached a point where my hair is very easy to care for and it works for ME although you may not have the same results I’d like to share.
Here is a blurry pic of an old twist out taken from my Blackberry:

In  nutshell:
Co-Wash one or twice a week (if only once I use a spritz mid-week for moisture)
Deep Condition 2x per month
Henna treatments every 6-8 weeks…….Keep reading below for products I use and more deets :)

For my co-washes I use Organix mango curling conditioner:
but more recently I switched to Curls Clarifying Shampoo:
The Curls shampoo is highly recommended by two of my favorite natural bloggers and I don’t feel that the Mango conditioner gives me a “clean” feeling that I like. I just had to cough up the money and step it up to the Curls Clarifying Shampoo even though I have been hesitant to spend $12 on a bottle of shampoo. I figure I don’t use shampoo often so it will last for a while..... (Im a product junkie and I need help lol!)


After my wash I have fallen in LOVE LOVE LOVE with the Herbal Essences Conditioner line for detangling my hair. The products I like are Hello Hydration (fav) and None of Your Frizziness(2nd Fav). These products have great slip and I’m telling you they make detangling a BREEZE!!

Once I detangle I apply and style with the leave in conditioner recipe created by the YouTube hair vlogger KimmayTube (she is pretty intense about hair care). I simply remix it by replacing the Castor oil with Coconut oil. I would try it with the Castor oil to see if you like it because a good friend of mine loves Castor oil, while I find that its too thick for me.

Here is how to make the conditioner step by step:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXi2k4cFFhI
The main ingredient =Kinky Curly Knot Today, this stuff is the bomb dot com!!!

I deep condition my hair 2x per month using the Organic Root Stimulator Deep Conditioning pack mixed with honey.These packs are only $1.22 per pack at Wal Mart or any beauty supply store and they work great especially with heat. I usually apply it and sit under my bonnet-dryer for 15-30 min.

The final part of my regimin are my Henna Treatments that I do every 6-8 weeks.
To find out more about Henna and its pros/cons you can read more at http://www.hennaforhair.com/. This is where I learned about how it works before trying it on my own hair.I use the Jamilla Body Art Quality Henna :mixed with 100% Lemon Juice cinnamon, honey, and conditioner for my treatments. You can find recipes one the website mentioned above and also video tutorials. I was inspired by Curly Nikki to try henna. You can check out her results and a video tutorial on how she Henna’s on her blog which is GREAT! http://www.curlynikki.com/search/label/Henna
And that’s it love bugs please comment and ask any questions you may have.
~Spread Love~

No comments:

Post a Comment