Saturday, December 11, 2010

West Village Weekly

Hey LTLV!
I am going to begin writing my reviews of different restaurants that my friend Mayo and I visit for lunch! I work in the West Village, NYC so that where most if not all of these spots are located.

Up First: Mae Mae Cafe
http://www.greatperformances.com/cafes/mae-mae-cafe
This is a cute cafe located at 69 Vandam Street, NYC 10013 (corner of Vandam and Hudson). Its not your everyday coffee sandwich cafe. This place has style. The food is hearty and the atmosphere is so warm an cozy you just want to grab a book and a corner and stay for hours!

Mayo who was hungover and me having had a light breakfast made us extra excited to sit down to some good cooking. We ordered A LOT of food!

I ordered the Traditional Caesar Salad and the Mac and Cheese and as two girls from the south Mayo and I have HIGH standards when it comes to our food. The Mac and Cheese bowl was SCRAPED! Mayo ordered the Melted cheese and Fresh Bread appetizer and a Salmon entree. Well I actually wanted the salmon but we shared everything. I cant express how savory and delicious all of our food was!

It did take a while for us to get seated...it's a pretty small cafe style place but it was well worth the wait. I saved some of my salmon and ate it the next day for lunch and it was still delicious. They are not afraid to season their food at Mae Mae's which is what I loved about the place.
They get all of their food from local farms so their menu changes with the seasons. Which keeps regulars (which I will probably become) on their toes. :)

They bring your check out in a closed novel/book, and its the cutest thing ever. If you're ever in the Village give this place a try...you wont be disappointed!

Overall I give Mae Mae Cafe a 5 out of 5 stars. Price Range: $$
~Spread Love~

No comments:

Post a Comment